Thursday, May 15, 2008

Old projects

Today I was cleaning out my photo files on the computer and found some pictures of a couple of projects that I either started and never finished, or finished but never liked that well. The first one is a wall hanging that falls into the "not my favorite" category. I like the fabrics I used, and I generally like how it turned out, but I think that if I'd been a little more daring it could have been a lot cuter. The cowboy fabric on the back is what made me want to make this, and now I'm sad that I didn't include any on the front. I do like the boot, though. It's made of real leather and the star is suede, but what I really like is how the stitching turned out.





Next is a fabric portrait of my two children made with applique and embroidery. I saw a demonstration on Martha of how to do this by Lori Marie Johnson (she & Martha did their dogs) and really wanted to try it. It's kind of an involved process, but not a difficult one. I like the way it turned out, but now I have to figure out how to finish it. Frame it? Stretch it on canvas? Stitch a fabric border around it? I just can't decide.




Last is another fabric wall hanging that remains unfinished. I like how colorful this one is, with all the mis-matched fabric patterns and happy red buttons. It just looks fun and silly. I need to finish embroidering the word "song" on the tree branch, and also figure out how to finish off the edges. Why do I have such a hard time finishing a project?? I mean, I spend so much time and energy on getting sooo close to being done, and then just put it away. Geez.





No comments: