Monday, August 2, 2010

T-Shirt Enhancements

Today I have a couple of easy t-shirt face-lift ideas for you.

I bought this shirt at Target. Love the color, love the soft, lightweight knit, love the extra length. Love it.

LOVE the price. I'll tell you a secret, though. It's a maternity shirt. But who cares? For 3 bucks, maternity shirt or no, it's awesome.

I copied a design I'd seen on some other tees there at Target and just drew a little sunburst near the shoulder with a water soluble pen. While I watched TV for a few evenings I sat and stitched on some beads. Now my plain blue $3 tee has a little more personality and sparkle.



Last week at Joann I noticed that their Jerzee tees were on sale, 3 for $9. I got one for me and one for each of my older kids. Here's what we did with theirs and a tie dye kit (also from Joann).
I think they turned out awesome, and so do they.

I wanted to do an iron-on transfer for mine, but it took me a while to decide what I wanted to put on it.

Here are a few of the options I was considering:

I seriously think I'm going to have to use this one someday. These are "a woman's tools".


I wish I could've figured out how to get rid of the black background on this one.
This is very me, but I've got plenty of bird shirts. This time, I wanted something different.

In the end, I decided to use an octopus.

I know that may seem a little strange, but I've seen screen printed t-shirts with stuff like this on them and I've always thought they were cool. So that's what I went with.

Print, cut out, iron, DONE!


No comments: